The Heartland Center for Leadership Development is an
independent, nonprofit organization developing local leadership
that responds to the
challenges of the future of small towns and rural communities.
* Research and Evaluation of small towns and rural communities.
* Training through interactive workshops and webinars.
* Facilitation of community planning processes.
* Compiling Information into useful and practical publications for widespread use.
The Heartland Center in collaboration with the University of Nebraska Rural Futures Institute, and Ferguson Development Resources is helping Pilger, Nebraska reinvent themselves after twin tornadoes destroyed three-fourths of this community on June 16, 2014. The video below was commissioned by the Rural Futures Institute and highlights the first of several Town Hall meetings with Pilger area residents to help them prepare a vision for their future.
Catalyzing Community Prosperity
A Conference for Community Leaders:
Note New Dates & Lower Registration Rate
Would you like to learn how to create a more prosperous community?
Join with other community leaders at the Catalyzing Community Prosperity Conference at the Oregon Garden in Silverton, Oregon for three days of exciting learning.
• Leadership for Community Prosperity
• Clues to Community Survival
• HomeTown Competitiveness
• Social Capital
• Appreciative Inquiry
• Community Conversations
FEBRUARY 3-5 2015
Visit the Chinook Institute for Civic Leadership website for session details and to register at the new lower rate of $125.