The Heartland Center for Leadership Development is an independent, nonprofit organization developing local leadership that responds to the challenges of the future. A major focus of the Heartland Center's activities is training and technical assistance for rural community vitality.
Programs of the Heartland Center feature interactive, practical hands-on learning and networking. The Center can help you:
- Train current and emerging leaders to deal confidently with change and find opportunities where others may see only threats.
- Develop capacity, identify betterment projects and create locally directed strategic plans that you can monitor continuously.
- Work with your community to develop a people attraction strategy to recruit newcomers and alumni.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your programs utilizing our Hierarchy of Community Impacts model.
- Facilitate public participation processes to engage many stakeholders in community planning.